“France satisfactorily notes the ceasefire overall in eastern Ukraine is being observed,” Giorgini said during a briefing in Paris.
He also hailed the prisoner swap between the parties as 138 Kiev soldiers and 52 eastern Ukrainian militia personnel were exchanged on February 21, according to the Minsk deal.
- The beginning of heavy weapons withdrawal in eastern Ukraine52.5% (509)
- Military deal between Russia and Cyprus31.8% (309)
- The approval of the Greek bailout extension8.3% (81)
- The 87th Oscars Ceremony2.3% (22)
- Madonna’s epic fall at Brit Awards5.1% (50)
The deal achieved by the leaders of Russia, Germany, France and Ukraine stipulated, among other things, ceasefire implementation on February 15, heavy weaponry withdrawal from the line of contact and establishment of a so-called buffer zone to ensure security.
After the ceasefire formally entered into force on February 15, the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE) monitors said that with the exception of certain locations the truce in eastern Ukraine was generally observed.
On Thursday, both Kiev forces and pro-independence militia declared they were pulling back heavy weaponry, as required by the peace deal.