WASHINGTON, (Sputnik) — The United States has openly worked with Ukrainian opposition on social and economic issues, State Department spokesperson Jen Psaki said Monday during a press briefing.
- The tension between Russia and the US over Ukraine can turn into an armed conflict.45.4% (1142)
- America is likely to get dragged into another war in the Middle East.32.9% (826)
- North Korea and the US seem to be on a collision course.2.0% (50)
- The war between China and America seems quite possible.3.8% (95)
- I can’t see any major conflict on the horizon.15.9% (399)
The United States have been providing Kiev with financial assistance. In January, the US Congress passed the Ukraine Freedom Support Act which has authorized $350 million for the provision of «defense articles» to Ukraine’s military, according to the Act.
“We were very vocal about our support for their transition and our support for economic assistance they needed, and assistance they needed to get through that transition period after those decisions were made by individuals who were formerly leading Ukraine,” Psaki said.
Since the beginning of the Ukrainian conflict, the United States has been voicing support to the new Kiev government, accusing Russia of providing military assistance to independence supporters and even sending its troops to the southeast of Ukraine, a claim that Moscow has repeatedly denied.