“This round of talks was very serious, deep and pragmatic. The next round of talks is expected to be held in the beginning of next month, but the place is not agreed yet,” Wang Qun told journalists.
At the same time, a source in the Iranian delegation, who wished to remain anonymous, told RIA Novosti that the next round of talks might be held in another place, instead of Geneva.
When commenting on the most recent P5+1 talks with Tehran, Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov said that the consultations were “very helpful”, adding that the discussions will “continue soon”.
Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister Seyyed Abbas Araghchi shared similar opinion, saying that the latest round of talks useful.
“We have discussed all issues. These talks were serious and useful. We decided to continue discussion in the beginning of February. The exact date and time will be set in the nearest future,” he said.
However, head of the French delegation Nicolas de Rivere argued that the sides did not manage to reach a significant progress.
“I do not think that we have reached a significant progress,” de Rivere said Sunday, following the talks.
The P5+1 group of six world powers, comprising Russia, the United States, the United Kingdom, France, China and Germany, joined diplomatic efforts back in 2006 in an attempt to reach a deal with the Tehran authorities, assuring the peaceful nature of the Iranian nuclear program. Since then, the group has held several meetings with Iran, but the sides failed to reach a compromise.
In November 2014, the sides agreed to continue the discussions until July 2015.