"My country has nothing to do with Sony hacking. It is out of sense to do that. And we very want US to provide evidence. We even requested to US to undertake joint investigation," An Myong Hun said Tuesday.
Last week, the Wall Street Journal reported citing a former North Korean official that the hackers who conducted the Sony cyber-attack might have purposely left evidence indicating that DPRK was behind the attack.
Sony Pictures Entertainment was attacked in November, 2014, by a group of hackers who demanded that it cancel the release of a comedy film, called The Interview, which tells a story of an assassination attempt on North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.
The cyber-attack caused a leak of private data of Sony Pictures employees.
The FBI said Pyongyang was behind the attack, but North Korea denied the claim, calling for a joint investigation.
Last week, FBI chief James Comey expressed confidence that North Korea is responsible for the Sony hack, as some evidence indicated that the attackers had tried to use proxy servers to hide the breach, but ultimately failed. According to Comey, the Sony cyber-attack was also similar to attacks on South Korean banks in 2013, in which Pyongyang was suspected.