* Russian Prime Minister Mikhail Fradkov will attend the opening of a bridge across the Kola River, visit the Sovetsky Soyuz atomic icebreaker and hold a session on the development of the Murmansk traffic center, icebreaking fleet and fishing in the region.
* The Russian Agriculture Ministry will host a conference of the Russian Grain Union on the condition and prospects of the grain market (10:00 a.m.).
* The Russian State Duma will host:
- a session of the lower house's council (10:00 a.m.)
- a meeting between State Duma Speaker Boris Gryzlov and Speaker of the Canadian House of Commons Peter Milliken (12:20 p.m.)
* Chairman of the Federation Council International Affairs Committee Mikhail Margelov will give a news conference on Russia's upcoming presidency in the Council of Europe (1:30 p.m.)
* RIA Novosti will host a roundtable on the Iranian nuclear program (3:00 p.m.).
* The Center of Strategic Projects will host a roundtable on the new round of the WTO multilateral talks and Russia's prospects (3:00 p.m.).
* The International Socio-Ecological Union, the Independent Ecological Rating Agency and the Russian department of the World Bank will hold a session on the topic, Socio-ecological ratings and the Russian business reputation (10:00 a.m.).
* Russia's Wings third international aviation forum will open (9:30 a.m.).
* A two-day nationwide conference of professional market dealers will open (10:00 a.m.).
MISSION CONTROL CENTER
* The 11th crew of the International Space Center is set to return to Earth.
* Romanian Foreign Minister Mihai Razvan Ungureanu will attend the opening ceremony of the Romanian consulate in Rostov-on-Don.
* U.S. State Secretary Condoleezza Rice, currently on a Central Asian tour, will discuss bilateral cooperation with the Kyrgyz authorities.
* Sergei Ivanov and Sergei Lavrov, Russia's defense and foreign ministers, will attend the fifth session of the Russian-French security cooperation council.
* Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov will address a Unesco session and meet with the Unesco director general.
* Mayors of the Russian cities of St. Petersburg, Moscow, Vladimir, Voronezh and Khabarovsk and governors of the Moscow, Kemerovo and Voronezh regions will attend a meeting of Asia-Pacific mayors (October 11-14).