* The Russian Regional Development Ministry will host a session on the Purchase and Delivery of Oil, Oil Products, Fuel, and Coal to Russia's Northern Regions in 2005 (2.00 p.m.).
* RIA Novosti will host a news conference, Problem of Foreign Adoption of Russian Children (12.00 a.m.).
* Chairman of the State Duma (the lower chamber of the Russian parliament) security committee Vladimir Vasilyev will give a news conference on the topic: When will the Commission on Beslan Complete its Investigation? What is Ex-premier Mikhail Kasyanov facing? (11.00 a.m.)
* A news conference, The Economic Terror: Seizure of Enterprises by Force, will be held (12.00 a.m.).
* The Moscow Bar and the Law and Rights organization will present the Council of Young Lawyers. Prominent Russian and foreign lawyers will attend the ceremony (7.00 p.m.).
* A news briefing on the signing ceremony of the agreement between Alkoa and the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development on the EBRD loan grant will be held (12.30 a.m.).
* A media campaign against HIV/AIDS will be launched in Russia as part of the global anti-AIDS project Globus (12.00 a.m.).
* Chairman of the Russian Audit Chamber Sergei Stepashin will visit the Magadan region and address a session on the improvement of financial control during the reform of self-governing bodies.
* The 7th Shukshin film festival, They Fought For Their Country, dedicated to the 60th anniversary of VE Day, will open in the Altai territory as part of the Shukshin Days in the Altai territory (July 19-24). The events also commemorate Vasily Shukshin (1929-1974), a prominent Russian writer, film director, and actor.
* The 2nd session of the Russian, Azerbaijani, and Iranian expert groups will open (July 19-21). The sides are to discuss cooperation principles of the power systems of the three countries. A similar agreement was signed in Tehran in December 2004.
RIA Novosti holds full copyright for all its published materials. Upon any republication of RIA Novosti materials, reference to RIA Novosti is mandatory.