* A session of the Council of Heads of State of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) - comprising Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, China, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan - will be held.
* The Federation Council (the upper chamber of parliament) will host a session of the organizing committee of the 9th St. Petersburg International Economic Forum. Federation Council Speaker Sergei Mironov will chair the session (14.00).
* RIA Novosti will host the following press conferences:
- Power and Society: the Problem of Dialog;
- What Will the Moscow Olympic Village Look Like in 2012? With Dmitry Bush, a workshop head at the Moscow R&D Institute of Culture, Recretaion, Sports and Health Care Facilities. (14.00).
* The Izvestia media center will host a roundtable on the topic, Russia's Religious Revival. Human Rights (the Position of Religious Confessions on Human Rights in Russia) (12.00).
* The Moscow Carnegie Center will host the presentation of the book Will Democracy Take Root in Russia? by Higher Economic School academic supervisor Yevgeny Yasin (18.30).
* The Economist international club will host a seminar on the topic, The Law on Subsoil: Problems of Foreign Investors' Involvement in the Development of Deposits (11.00).
* The 2nd international conference, The Russian and CIS Shelf: Business Aspects of the Development of Oil and Natural Gas Fields, will open at the Hotel Balchug Kempinski (July 5-6).
* Moscow will host a press conference on the topic, Shulkhan Arukh - History and Contemporaneity, on the problems of interpretation of the book "Kitsur Shulkhan Arukh," which made some State Duma deputies demand the prohibition of Jewish organizations (12.00).
* The Central House of Journalists will host a press conference on the results of the Cannes Lions 57th international advertising festival (110.00).
* The Japanese Maritime Self-Defense Force's training ship Kashima will arrive in St. Petersburg to take part in celebrations for the 150th anniversary of the establishment of Russian-Japanese diplomatic relations.
RIA Novosti holds full copyright for all its published materials. Any republication of RIA Novosti materials must make reference to RIA Novosti.