* Russian President Vladimir Putin will participate in a session of the Council of Heads of State of the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS).
* The Russian Taxes and Dues Ministry will host a press conference on new aspects of the system of registration of tax-payers in tax bodies.
* The Russian State Duma will host:
- a session of the State Duma coordination working group for legislative proposals in the field of ensuring Russia's security with representatives of the ministries and departments concerned;
- a roundtable on the insurance of responsibility in technical regulation sphere to be held by the State Duma committee for civil, criminal, arbitration and procedural legislation.
* Chinese ambassador to Russia Liu Guchang will give a press conference on the forthcoming visit to Russia by Chinese State Council's Premier Wen Jiabao.
* The Federal Political Council of the Union of Right Forces will hold a session on the current political situation.
* The mission of the European Commission will host a press conference on the new project aimed at the improvement of the normative-legal basis of corporate management in Russia and the implementation of the Corporate Behavior Code. The project is financed by the European Commission.
* The organizing committee of the Aviation Tourist Industry 2004-2005 first international exposition will give a press conference. The exposition will be held from October 28 to 30 at Krokus Expo center.
* The Izvestia media center will host a roundtable on the prospects of the development of turnpikes in Russia.
* The Independent press center will host a press conference entitled "Social forum on climate changes".
* The Russian Banks Association will host a roundtable entitled "Mortgage in the banking sector: legislation, practice, and prospects" and a press conference on the signing of the cooperation agreement between the European Trust Bank and the Mortgage Corporation of the Moscow region.
* The 3rd international mayors' conference "The Cities' Diplomacy" will open in Moscow.
* The Dinamo sports palace will host the opening ceremony of the 1st Dinamo championship of auxiliary and applied kinds of sport between Dinamo teams of seven Russian federal districts.
DZERZHINSK, MOSCOW REGION
* The unique monument to designers of the Russian Topol nuclear-ballistic missile system will be unveiled.
* The Russian Federation Council's defense and security committee will hold a roundtable entitled "Legislative support and regional problems of the realization of Russia's military-technical policy" during the 3rd Baikal Economic Forum.
* The Stars on Baikal international music festival will open. Moscow's Virtuosos chamber orchestra conducted by Vladimir Spivakov, singer Yelena Obraztsova, jazzman Georgy Garanyan, organist Garry Grodberg and other musicians will participate in the festival.
* The Amur Fall 2nd film festival (September 16-30) will open. It has become international this year. From September 23 to 27 it will be held in China (Harbin and Beijing. Its program includes shows of Chinese films for Russians and the Russian art festival in China.
* The Volga-Don festival held as part of the Year of German Culture in Russia will open. It is organized by the Goethe Institute and the German Embassy in Moscow.
* The Russian Banking Forum 5th international conference sponsored by the Vneshtorgbank (Foreign Trade Bank) will open in Milan.
* The Organization of Petroleum-Exporting Countries (OPEC) will hold the Oil in Independent World international seminar. A Russian delegation is to participate in it.
RIA Novosti holds a full copyright for all its published materials. Upon any republication of RIA Novosti materials reference to RIA Novosti is mandatory.