21:57 GMT +323 May 2018
Listen Live
    Onlinenews (archive)

    20 DISCHARGED FROM HOSPITALS

    Onlinenews (archive)
    Get short URL
    0 01
    BESLAN (North Ossetia), September 5 (RIA Novosti) - Over 20 people wounded in the terrorist act in Beslan have been discharged from hospitals.

    "On Saturday, at 11. p.m. Moscow time , there were 423 wounded, including 237 children, in hospitals. 58 of them are still in grave condition," a spokesman for the North Osset health ministry told RIA Novosti.

    On Sunday, September 5, up to 30 wounded children will be delivered to Moscow from Beslan, said Ivan Sakhno, executive director of the All-Russian Center of Catastrophe Medicine.

    In his words, the condition of all the wounded is grave.

    "People whose condition is not so grave will remain there. Only those whose condition is grave will be delivered to Moscow," he said. Sakhno does not know yet to what Moscow hospitals the wounded will be taken.

    On Saturday, six children were delivered to Moscow hospitals. Four of them - Alan Yestiyev, Alan Kochiyev, Milana Biboyeva and Azamat Mukazov - are in Children's Clinical Hospital 9.

    In the words of hospital head Pyotr Prodeus, all the four underwent surgery on Saturday and are still in grave condition.

    They have burns on 40-45% of the surface of their bodies, he said.

    "If necessary, we will perform another surgery on them, however, there is no need for this so far," said Prodeus.

    Azamat Mukazov, the youngest patient form Beslan, is only one year and eight months, is still in intensive care - he has a gunshot wound. Another child, Beklastan Khudalov, 7, was delivered to Tushino Hospital 7. In doctors' words, he underwent surgery and is now in intensive care.

    In doctors' words, the state of Amina Kochmazova, 7, delivered to Moscow Morozov Children's City Clinical Hospital, is stable. After surgery, she has been transferred to a general ward.

    In the words of Yulia Zakharova, head of the cardio-rheumatological and pulmonological department of Morozov Children's Hospital, the girl will undergo further medical treatment, but if necessary, another surgery will be made.

    A plane with 11 seriously wounded children on board left Beslan for Moscow on Saturday, the health ministry spokesman said.

    North Ossetian Interior Minister Kazbek Dzantiyev has handed in resignation. Mr. Dzantiyev himself said this to RIA Novosti.

    The leadership highly assesses the actions of the republic's interior ministry in this complex situation, said Mr. Dzantiyev.

    However, in his words, he, as "an officer and man" must make his decision, to resign.

    Community standardsDiscussion
    Comment via FacebookComment via Sputnik
    • Сomment