The Russian Information Agency Novosti begins Hotline coverage for Friday, May 21, 2004.
* A Russia-EU summit will take place.
* The Russian Security Council Secretary, Igor Ivanov, will hold a meeting with a delegation of the Organization of the Islamic Conference in the Kremlin.
* The Russian Ministry of Health and Social Protection will host a session of the Consultative Council on HIV/AIDS problems.
* The Federation Council will host a regular session of the Council on Support of Small and Medium-Sized Businesses under the Federation Council Chairman. The topic of the session is "On the Work of Law Enforcement Bodies to Implement Federal Laws on Development of Small and Medium-Sized Businesses." * The State Duma will host an extended session of its Committee on the Economic Policy, Entrepreneurship and Tourism dedicated to problems of improving the legislation on tourist activity (2 p.m., hall 830 of the new building).
* The session of the Russian Audit Chamber Board chaired by Sergei Stepashin is planned to consider reports on the results of checking the budget performance of the Chukot Autonomous District and the Republic of Ingushetia for 2003, as well as other issues.
* The Russian Information Agency Novosti will host a press conference "On the Protection of the Indigenous Population of Regions." * The president of open joint stock company "AK Transneft", Semyon Vainshtok will hold a briefing "EU Enlargement and Russian Oil Pipelines. Pluses and Minuses of European Integration for Russian Transporters of Oil." * A press conference "Unknown fact about of Mikhail Sholokhov's Life. Toward the Jubilee of the Great Writer" will be held.
* The Second International Tea Festival in Moscow will be opened on Vasilyevsky Spusk near the Kremlin.
* The Ninth Russian Economic Forum will open. Its topic is "Economic Cooperation Is the Factor of Integration in the Framework of the CIS."
* The World Chess Championship for Women will start. Aslan Abashidze, the former head of Adzharia, who is the championship's sponsor, will take part in the opening.
* The Russian Defense Minister, Sergei Ivanov will hold a regular session of the Council of Defense Ministers of the CIS. There are over 20 issues in the agenda relating to further integration of the CIS countries in the military sphere.
RIA Novosti holds a full copyright for all its published materials. Upon any republication of RIA Novosti materials reference to RIA Novosti is mandatory.