"As of now, the Foreign Ministry is doing its utmost to ensure the release of the two Interenergoservice specialists kidnapped in Iraq," said the diplomat. The two men were taken hostage on May 10, while one Russian citizen was killed.
Yevgeny Loginov, international projects director at Interenergoservice, told RIA Wednesday that there had been no information about the hostages since May 11. "The kidnappers have not contacted us," said Loginov. "It is rumoured the hostages are alive but we cannot confirm or refute this information."