The Russian Information Agency Novosti begins Hotline coverage for Monday, March 15, 2004.
* The Election 2004 information centre is announcing preliminary returns of the Russian presidential election, 5 a.m. A related news conference opens, 10 a.m.
* Gleb Pavlovsky, Effective Policies Foundation president, addresses a Novosti news conference to sum up the federal presidential poll.
* PACE and OSCE international mission observers address a news conference on the presidential election.
* The Central House of Journalists hosts a news conference, "The Media and Elections: To Sum Up Monitoring of Russian Presidential Poll Media Coverage". Richard Wright, head of the European Commission Moscow representation, will take part.
* The State Duma, parliament's lower house, holds a roundtable on, "Russian Film Industry: Developmental Problems and How to Settle Them".
* Paula Lehtomaki, Finland's Minister of Foreign Trade and Development, is starting a two-day visit to St. Petersburg and Svetogorsk. Miss Lehtomaki will take part in the opening gala of an international conference on energy partnership progress, as envisaged by Nordic Dimension projects.
* Chris Patten, EU Commissioner for External Contacts, is starting a Central Asian tour, March 15 into 19. He has four post-Soviet countries-Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan-on his itinerary.
* Italian secondary schools open a Russian Language Week, March 15-21, as part of a programme to enhance Russian language tuition in Italy, and Italian in Russia. A related bilateral initiative was made at a summit in Rome, November 2003.
RIA Novosti holds a full copyright for all its published materials. Upon any republication of RIA Novosti materials reference to RIA Novosti is mandatory.