The Russian Information Agency Novosti begins Hotline coverage for Friday, February 27, 2004.
* Federal President Vladimir Putin is visiting Krasnoyarsk, territorial centre in Siberia.
ALMA ATA, KAZAKHSTAN
* Victor Khristenko, Russia's acting Prime Minister, will attend one of the regular Interstate Council sessions of the EURASEC, or Eurasian Economic Community.
* The city is hosting an international conference on, "The Role of the Constitutional Court in Guarantees of Stability and Constitutional Development". Organised by the Venice Commission, or European Commission for Democracy through Law, the conference will gather Constitutional Court presidents and members of Czechia, France, Germany, Italy, Poland, Portugal, and Russia and other CIS countries.
* The Federation Council, parliament's upper house, is holding:
- parliamentary hearings on high tech medical aid to the Russian population;
- a roundtable on, "Engineering Education in Russia: Problems, Prospects and Legislative Support".
* Auditor Alexander Nazarov of the federal Auditing Chamber addresses a news conference to sum up an efficiency check on a Russian-Japanese commission for fishing problems.
* A news conference is gathering on prospects to use pioneer information technologies in elections and other political developments. Presidential hopefuls Irina Hakamada, Sergei Glazyev and Nikolai Kharitonov are expected to take part.
* French movie star Catherine Deneuve is addressing a news conference, "From Les Parapluies de Cherbourg to 8 Femmes".
* The Institute of Oriental Studies under the Russian Academy of Sciences is hosting a conference on, "Reform Trends in the Russian Islam: History and Contemporaneity".
SPACE MISSION CONTROL CENTRE
* The International Space Station crew will emerge into open space, as scheduled.
SAROV, NIZHNI NOVGOROD REGION
* Russia's Federal Research Centre/Research Institute of Experimental Physics holds an enlarged-attendance session of its Research and Technical Council on the birth centenary of Academician Yuli Khariton, one of those who stood at the cradle of Soviet nuclear arms.
* Spokesmen on the Russian and Latvian Ministries of Foreign Affairs will hold political consultations. Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs, will take part.
RIA Novosti holds a full copyright for all its published materials. Upon any republication of RIA Novosti materials reference to RIA Novosti is mandatory.