The Russian Information Agency Novosti begins Hotline coverage for Thursday, February 19th, 2004.
* Russian Prime Minister Mikhail Kasyanov will chair a Russian government session to consider: the draft of the Water Code of the Russian Federation; additional measures to ensure the work of the criminal and executive system in line with standard rules; draft federal laws On jurors of federal courts of the Russian Federation's jurisdiction and On introducing amendments to Article 326 of the Russian Criminal Code.
* Russian Foreign Minister Igor Ivanov is expected to meet a delegation of the Spanish Las Cortes Generales headed by Senate Chairman Juan Jose Lucas.
* Russian Culture Minister Mikhail Shvydkoi, his Italian counterpart Giuliano Urbani, some famous Russian and Italian writers and publishers will be attending the Russian-Italian seminar devoted to the development of bilateral interaction in the publishing and writing spheres.
* An international conference, the Federation Council of the Russian Federal Assembly: an experience of the decade, results and prospects, is due in Moscow. The conferees will include:
- Federation Council Speaker Sergei Mironov, First Vice Speaker of the State Duma Lyubov Sliska, First Deputy Foreign Minister Vyacheslav Trubnikov, PACE Deputy Chairman Luc van den Brande, Chairman of the Constitutional Court Valery Zorkin and others, and also delegations from Spain, the Czech Republic, Belarus, and Tajikistan.
* A press conference, Present-day Anti-Drug Fight in Russia, will be convened by Deputy Chairman of the State Drug Control Committee Alexander Mikhailov. The Anti-dose magazine, which will be an attachment to the Narkomat magazine of the Committee, will be presented within the press conference.
* The International Trade Center will host a two-day international forum, Prospects of Russia's Participation in Global Market Mechanisms of the Kyoto Protocol and Attraction of Investment into Energy-Saving Projects.
* The Ekonomist club will hold the first analytical seminar, Russian Investment Institutes: Condition and Development Vectors, from the Development of Financial Institutes and Financial Markets series.
A pancake show will be organized as part of the Moscow holiday of bidding farewell to winter, called Shrovetide Week. At the show, an attempt will be made to set a world record of the thickest pile of pancakes. Baking pancakes will be famous Russian politicians, artists and sportsmen.
PUSAN, SOUTH KOREA
* The Russian-Korean committee for the Far East and Siberia will gather for a two-day session. Representatives from the government, provinces and businessmen of the two countries will discuss ways of establishing direct business contacts between small and medium business of South Korea, and Russia's Far East and Siberia.
* The OSCE Parliamentary Assembly will meet in the OSCE's HQ in Vienna for the winter session. The Russian delegation will be headed by Chairman of the State Duma international affairs committee Konstantin Kosachev.
RIA Novosti holds a full copyright for all its published materials. Upon any republication of RIA Novosti materials reference to RIA Novosti is mandatory.