The Russian Information Agency Novosti begins Hotline coverage for Monday, February 16th, 2004.
* Candidate for Russian President Sergei Mironov will give a press conference titled "Starting the Election Campaign. My Election Program".
* Candidate for Russian President Sergei Glazyev will give a press conference titled "Participation in the Presidential Elections".
* RIA Novosti will host a roundtable titled "Presidential Elections 2004: Analysis of the Situation and Forecasts".
* The High School of Economics will host the second session of the round table "Introduction of the Balanced Scorecard to State Management. International Experience and Russian Specifics". The session will be attended by Russian First Deputy Economic Development and Trade Minister Andrei Sharonov, representatives of other ministries and departments and experts in the administrative reform. (10 a.m., ulitsa Myasnitskaya, 20, accreditation by phone: 200 03 47).
* The Central House of Journalists will host a roundtable of the economic journalists' press club titled "Yes to Investment in Russia".
* Celebrations of Maslenitsa (Farewell to Winter) that will last from February 16th till 22nd will begin on Vasilyevsky Spusk, Red Square.
* The 3rd International Chess Tournament Aeroflot Open [February 16th- 25th] will open. It will be attended by 600 chess players, including over 160 grand masters, from 53 countries. Honorable guests include Viktor Korchnoi, Anatoly Karpov, Boris Spassky and Vasily Smyslov.
* The Federation Council defense and security committee will open its two-day visiting session. It will be devoted to the state of the country's defense industry and legislative basis for its reform.
* Deputy Prime Minister Viktor Khristenko will hold talks with the Vietnamese co-chairman of the bilateral inter-governmental committee for trade, economic, scientific and technological cooperation. The parties will sign a final protocol on February 17th.
RIA Novosti holds a full copyright for all its published materials. Upon any republication of RIA Novosti materials reference to RIA Novosti is mandatory.