The Russian Information Agency Novosti begins hotline coverage for Friday, February 13, 2004.
* Moscow will host a press conference on the opening of the mission of CIS observers at the presidential elections in Russia. CIS Executive Secretary Yuri Yarov, the head of the mission, will hold the press conference.
* Israeli Vice Premier, Minister of Industry and Trade Ehud Olmert, currently on a routine visit to Moscow, is expected to meet with Russian Foreign Minister Igor Ivanov.
* State Duma deputies will consider the election of the Human Rights Commissioner at a plenary session.
* The Academy of Labor and Social Relations will host the international scientific and practical conference "The Social State: Problems, Trends and Prospects". The conference is held as part of cooperation with the Rosa Luxemburg foundation (Germany).
* The State Tretyakov Arts Gallery will host the ceremony of the return of Karl Bryullov's painting "A View of Pico Fort on Madeira" to Russia. The picture purchased from a private collector in Portugal will be presented to the Russian public for the first time.
* The Rossiya central concert hall will host the festive gathering and concert to commemorate the 15th anniversary of the withdrawal of the Soviet troops from Afghanistan. The event is organized by the Moscow association of veterans of local wars and military conflicts and the committee for soldiers-internationalists attached to the Council of CIS Prime Ministers.
* Sheremetevo-2 international airport will host a press conference with legendary Belgian singer Salvatore Adamo. He will give a concert in the State Kremlin Palace on February 14.
* Russian Education Minister Vladimir Filippov will participate in the inter-regional Internet-festival "Russia's South on the Internet".
* Command-post exercises will be held at the bases of the North Ossetian Emergencies Ministry. About 200 heads and officers of the Interior Ministry, Federal Security Service and Emergencies Ministry of the Southern Federal District will participate in the exercises. The evacuation of people in case of natural disasters and terrorist acts will be practiced.
* Berlin will host the traditional annual European Press Ball. Russia will be in the highlight of the event.
RIA Novosti holds a full copyright for all its published materials. Upon any republication of RIA Novosti materials reference to RIA Novosti is mandatory.