The Russian Information Agency Novosti begins Hotline coverage for Wednesday, February 11th, 2004.
* President Mikhail Saakashvili of Georgia is on visit to Moscow. He will meet with spokesmen of the Russian Big Business, morning, and address a news conference at the ITAR-TASS news agency late in the afternoon.
* Ehud Olmert, Israel's Deputy Prime Minister, and Minister of Industry, Trade and Communications, is starting a visit to Russia, to last into February 13.
* The Russian federal government is holding session. The agenda will include additional measures to promote the national banking sector; Russian prospects to shift to international financial accounting standards; a draft federal law, "On Consolidated Financial Accounting"; a draft package to ratify intergovernmental agreements for partnership in space research and civil-oriented use of space; and a draft federal law to invalidate the federal law, "On the Engineering and Technical Network in the Agro-Industrial Complex".
* Igor Ivanov, Russia's Minister of Foreign Affairs, meets at the negotiation table with Marwan Muasher, his Jordanian counterpart, currently on visit to Moscow. The visitor will meet, the same day, with Mikhail Margelov, international affairs committee head of the Federation Council, the Russian parliament's upper house.
* The Federation Council will have its 119th session. The upper house will debate a package of bills. Boris Aleshin, Deputy Prime Minister, will address the house during a Government Hour on Russian compliance with the international convention that bans chemical arms development, manufacture, stockpiling and use, and requires chemical arsenal destruction.
* The State Duma, parliament's lower house, will hold session to debate amendments proposed for a number of federal laws. The house also intends to debate its draft appeal to the federal President calling him to urgently settle an issue round compulsory car public insurance.
* RIA Novosti will host a news conference by Gleb Pavlovsky, Effective Politics Foundation president. The major political expert will speak on, "Federal Presidential Candidates Determined, the Real Candidate Known. Can Anything Change in the Russian Political Situation within a Month before the Poll?"
* Joschka Fischer, Germany's Minister of Foreign Affairs, is starting a visit to Russia.
* The Russian Ministry of Natural Resources holds conference on, "Prospects of Hydrocarbon Deposit Development in the Russian Northwest". Vitali Artyukhov, Minister of Natural Resources; Ilya Klebanov, presidential envoy plenipotentiary to Northwest federal district; and Anatoli Yefremov, Arkhangelsk regional administration head, will take part.
* A 12th international jewel show, Junwex 2004/Russian Gems is opening to bring together leading jewellers, spokesmen of major commercial networks, and art scholars and jewel designers from the Czech Republic, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Russia and Turkey.
RIA Novosti holds a full copyright for all its published materials. Upon any republication of RIA Novosti materials reference to RIA Novosti is mandatory.