17:40 GMT +310 December 2016
Live
    Onlinenews (archive)

    CHECHEN MILITANTS CONTINUE TO SURRENDER VOLUNTARILY TO AUTHORITIES

    Onlinenews (archive)
    Get short URL
    0 0 0 0
    GROZNY, February 2 /RIA Novosti/ - Members of illegal armed formations are continuing to surrender to law-enforcement bodies, says the Monday release of the regional operational headquarters for the anti-terrorist operation in the North Caucasus.

    According to the headquarters' data, 19-year-old Anzor Kharizanov came the other day to surrender to the militia of the republic's Oktyabrsky district. He confessed to participating in subversion activity on the territory of Chechnya. According to Kharizanov, in May last year he detonated together with another militant an explosive on the Chernorechye-Grozny highway wounding servicemen from the engineering unit.

    Apart from that, 23-year-old militant Shamsudi Abdulkadyrov surrendered to the militia of the Shelkovskoi district of Chechnya. He said about his voluntary refusal to participate in unlawful acts. From the middle of 2003 Abdulkadyrov was a member of the illegal armed grouping led by a certain Suleiman Dakayev and participated in armed raids on and the shelling of the places where the Chechen law-enforcement bodies were temporarily located.

    In the Itum-Kala district of Chechnya, according to the headquarters' data, 20-year-old Saadan Bachiyev surrendered to authorities. He earlier participated in the bandit formation of field commander Gaziyev. Bachiyev voluntarily surrendered his AK-47 submachine gun.

    The republic's law-enforcement bodies are now verifying the testimony of the militants who have surrendered.

    Community standardsDiscussion
    Comment via FacebookComment via Sputnik
    • Сomment