The Russian Information Agency Novosti begins Hotline coverage for Friday, January 30, 2004.
* John Bolton, US Undersecretary of State, meets in conference with Alexander Rumyantsev, Russia's Minister of Nuclear Power Industry.
* The State Duma, parliament's lower house, hosts a news conference on, "Russian Nationals' Safety and Protection of Private Enterprise as Top Priorities of the State Duma, 4th Convocation".
* RIA Novosti hosts a news conference by Andrei Isayev, head of the State Duma committee for labor and social policies, on, "Labor Code: Two Years in Action. The Ways of Further Social Legislative Reforms, and Activities Blueprints of the Duma Committee for Labor and Social Policies".
* A project, "500 Years of Russian-Italian Cultural Contacts" will be introduced to the public at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs mansion.
* The UES - Unified Russian Power Grid company - is having a Directors' Board session.
* An exposition, "Yuri Gagarin: Man and Legend" is opening at the Federal Archive exhibition hall for the 70th birth anniversary of the world's first space pilot. A news conference will accompany the opening gala.
* The interregional association, Siberian Agreement is having a Coordination Council session on forestry and timber industry.
* A national conference on, "Contemporary Problems of Infection Chemical Prevention/Therapy" is gathering Russia's top-notch researchers. They will discuss diagnostics and treatment of bacterial and viral infections - in particular, avian influenza and SARS - and prospects of using the latest-obtained antibiotics.
* Sergei Stepashin, Russia's Audit Chamber president, will appear in the Ukrainian capital on a routine visit on invitation from President Leonid Kuchma of the host country.
* German Gref, Russia's Minister of Economic Development and Trade, and Pascal Lamy, European Union Commissioner for Trade, will meet in conference to discuss the impact of EU expansion on Russia, and issues that remain unsettled to hamper Russia joining the World Trade Organization.
RIA Novosti holds a full copyright for all its published materials. Upon any republication of RIA Novosti materials reference to RIA Novosti is mandatory.