It is a provisional calendar compiled by drawing on open sources. RIA Novosti shall not be responsible for any cancelled, postponed or changed dates under review.
MOSCOW.-To be staged: another round of Ukrainian-Russian talks on the division of the Azov-Kerch water reservoir at the level of Deputy Foreign Ministers Viktor Kalyuzhny and Alexandre Motsik.
* Russian Foreign Minister Igor Ivanov is to meet with UN Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs Jan Egeland, the UN emergency relief coordinator, staying in Russia over January 25-29.
* Press-conference by presidential candidate Irina Khakamada who is to dwell on the results of the subscription held, an SPS conference and foreign trips.
* Dr.Checkhov prize presentation. The ceremony is to be attended by officials from the Kremlin maintenance department, the culture ministry and the Moscow mayor's office, by prominent artists, physicians and journalists.
* Ceremony of granting awards to winners in the 2003 Business People competition, including well-known politicians.
BAIKONUR - Take-off of the Progress M1-11 cargo spaceship to be launched at 2:58 pm. Moscow Time toward the International Space Station.
MOSCOW -The Russian foreign ministry will be the venue of a presentation of the project "500 years of cultural relations between Italy and Russia".
* The board of directors of the United Energy Systems plans to consider principles of setting up wholesale generating companies and prospects of their transition toward a single action.
BRUSSELS - Russian Minister for Economic Development German Gref is to meet with EU Trade Commissioner Pascal Lamy to discuss EU expansion consequences for Russia and outstanding matters of Russia's joining the WTO.
USA - The American Enterprise Institute is to play host to a round-table on foreign investment in Russia. Chief reporter: Yegor Gaidar.
MOSCOW - Ceremony of awarding the Golden Eagle prize instituted by the national cinema academy
MOSCOW - Moscow will host this February:
-- Georgia's President Mikhail Saakashvili;
-- Azeri President Ilkham Aliev.
* Session of the presidential science council to be timed to the 280th jubilee of the Russian Academy of Sciences on February 8.
* British Under Secretary for Trade and Industry Nigel Griffiths to visit Russia to see progress in dismantling and utilising nuclear-powered submarines;
* LUKoil President Vagit Alekperov plans to fly to Iraq to detail a contract on West Kurna-2 oil fields development.
MINSK - Russia's NTV office in Belorussia will resume its work.
MOSCOW - The Moscow City Court is to stage hearings over the MP Sergey Yushenkov murder case.
* Press-conference dedicated to the 8th World Russian People Forum GENEVA - Session of a working group on Russia's joining the World Trade Organisation.
--8th World Russian People's Forum mottoed by "Russia in the Orthodox World".
LONDON - Second conference of the United Financial Group 'One-to-One" seeking to establish direct contacts between investors and leaders of major Russian companies.
BAGHDAD - Summing up the results of a tender for Iraq reconstruction contracts.
MOSCOW -Vice-Premier, Finance Minister Alexandre Kudrin is to appear in the State Duma during "the government hour" to report about the implementation of the federal law "On motorists' mandatory liability insurance" and prospects for its exercise in 2004.
MOSCOW - The Meshchansky district court is to pass a verdict concerning YUKOS-Moscow ex-head Vassily Shakhnovsky's criminal case.
MOSCOW - Italy's Foreign Minister Franco Frattini to come to Moscow on a routine visit.
USA - G7 finance ministers and central bank heads plus Russia will rally in Boca Raton, Florida, to discuss arrangements for a June summit of the G8 in the USA as well as measures to curb the US dollar's fall. There is a strong likelihood of a discussion concerningf Russia's striking off an Iraqi debt in exchange for preserving the validity of all Russian contracts in Iraq.
MOSCOW -- The first session of the SPS (Union of Right Forces) political council elected at the party's congress on January 25, will consider voting for a presidium by secret ballot.
KALININGRAD -Germany's Foreign Minister Joschka Fischer is to open a German consulate.
BAGHDAD - Russian Nuclear Energy Minister Alexandre Rumyantsev to be welcomed in Iran in mid-February will hold talks concerning an ultimate date for the launch of the Bushera nuclear plant's first power unit.
MOSCOW - Cardinal Walter Kasper is to be welcomed in Moscow,
MOSCOW-Moscow trip by Italy's Culture Minister Giuliano Urbani.
MOSCOW -Inaugurating the Russian version of the exhibition "Stalingrad in German and Russian memory".
RUSSIA - Fatherland Defender's Day, national holiday
MOSCOW - Fourth "Avia-2004" show to exhibit aviation technology and to stage a conference, "The Air navigational system of Russia: problems and solutions" as well as a round table on the federal programme "Modernisation of the transport system of Russia (2002-2010).
MOSCOW - The Russian government plans to consider measures for completing the tax reform in the country.
ALMA ATA -A session of the Europe-Asia Economic Community at the level of the heads of government.