22:22 GMT +309 December 2016
Live
    Onlinenews (archive)

    NO DECISION ON RUSSIAN NUCLEAR SUBMARINE SANK IN BARENTS SEA TAKEN

    Onlinenews (archive)
    Get short URL
    0 0 0 0
    ST. PETERSBURG, January 27. /RIA Novosti-North West correspondent Anna Novak/. Commander-in-Chief of the Russian Navy Admiral Vladimir Kuroyedov is not sure that lifting the K-159 submarine, which sank this year in the Barents Sea, is possible this year.

    "I am afraid this year we will not be entirely technically prepared for this," Kuroyedov told reporters Tuesday.

    The submarine will definitely be lifted in any case, he stressed. But, so far, no decision has been taken on the exact time of lifting it, the admiral said. "We shall lift it when we are ready," he added.

    The decommissioned K-159 sank on August 30 last year, as it was towed to a dockyard for utilization. Only one of its ten crewmen was saved.

    Kuroyedov took part in training session with the top naval command in St. Petersburg.

    Community standardsDiscussion
    Comment via FacebookComment via Sputnik
    • Сomment