The Russian Information Agency Novosti begins Hotline coverage for Tuesday, January 27, 2004.
* On the final day of his current visit to Moscow, US Secretary of State Colin Powell is expected to meet with Boris Gryzlov, Speaker of the State Duma, or Russia's lower house of parliament, and also with members of the Russian business community and the youth.
* The Russian Interior Ministry is to host a briefing where law-enforcement officials will sum up the results of their fight against economic crime.
* Norwegian Petroleum and Energy Minister Einar Steensnaes is coming for a three-day visit to Russia. While in Moscow, he will meet with Russian officials for talks on collaborative projects in the oil and gas industries.
* In the European Commission's Moscow Office, Irish Ambassador to Russia Justin Harman and Richard Wright, head of the European Commission's office in Russia, will hold a press conference to present Ireland's plan of action as holder of the rotating EU presidency in the first half of 2004. Special attention will be paid to the European Union's relations with Russia.
* Non-governmental organizations from across Russia will gather for their first national assembly to discuss strategies for combating human trafficking.
* Aircraft crew chiefs will come together for their first national conference.
* A transportation forum will get underway. Among the events to be held within its framework will be the 2nd specialized exhibition on railway transport and rail services - RAILTRANEX-2004.
* The National Bodyguards Association and the organizing committee of the National Award for Security will hold a joint press conference to talk of participation in an international forum on security technologies as well as about an open call for award nominees.
* The Pushkin Commission will hold a session at the Pushkin Museum to discuss preparations for publication of the world's first English-language edition of Pushkin's complete works.
* Moscow's President Hotel will be the venue of a forum entitled "World Sports Against Global Terrorism." * The RIA news agency will host a press conference on the crime situation in Moscow and on measures to ensure security of the city's population.
* The 32nd national children's space-science competition is entering its final stage. Over 250 kids from 40 population centers across Russia, as well as from Belarus, Ukraine and Kazakhstan will be taking part in the finals.
* An official ceremony will be held to mark 60 years since the end of Leningrad's 900-day siege by Nazi invaders during WWII.
* Jan Egeland, UN Undersecretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator, is beginning a tour of the North Caucasus.
* Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Yuri Fedotov will be attending the 6th Asian Conference on Security, to run through January 29.
RIA Novosti holds a full copyright for all its published materials. Upon any republication of RIA Novosti materials reference to RIA Novosti is mandatory.