The Russian Information Agency Novosti begins hotline coverage for Thursday, January 22, 2004.
* Russian Prime Minister Mikhail Kasyanov will preside at a cabinet meeting.
* French Foreign Minister Dominique de Villepin will arrive in Moscow on a two-day routine visit.
* Moscow will host a regular meeting of the integration committee of the Eurasian Economic Community /EurAsEc/ at the level of Vice Premiers.
* Moscow will see the presentation of the UNESCO project on the assistance to the restoration of the education system in the Chechen Republic.
* The Russian Central Election Commission is to consider the rejection of Viktor Gerashchenko's registration as a presidential nominee, the checking procedure of subscription lists, the order of distribution of free time available on TV and other issues.
* A joint session of the Russian Audit Chamber and the Chief Military Prosecutor's Office will be held in Moscow. The session will focus on cooperation in disclosure and suppression of financial violations in the national defense sphere.
* The Russian Greenpeace office will host a press conference to announce results of food products testing on the content of genetically altered sources.
* The Beethoven Hall of the Bolshoi Theatre will host a press conference on the forthcoming premiere of Pyotr Tchaikovsky's opera "Mazepa".
* Russian President's Special Envoy to the Southern Federal District Viktor Kazantsev will hold a routine meeting with leaders of religious organizations of traditional religions of the Caucasus and Russia's south on peacekeeping initiatives.
* A two-day international conference of customs services on illegal drug trafficking will open in Baku. Customs officers from Russia, the USA, Great Britain, France and other countries will participate in it.
* A session on Russia's future will be held as part of the World Economic Forum in Davos. The participants will consider possible scenarios of economic and political developments in Russia.
RIA Novosti holds a full copyright for all its published materials. Upon any republication of RIA Novosti materials reference to RIA Novosti is mandatory.