09:45 GMT +303 December 2016
Live
    Onlinenews (archive)

    "NO COMMENTS" - RUSSIAN PROSECUTOR GENERAL'S OFFICE ON YUKOS CEO BEING PUT ON INTERPOL WANTED LIST

    Onlinenews (archive)
    Get short URL
    0 0 0 0
    MOSCOW, January 21, 2004 (RIA Novosti) - The Russian Prosecutor General's Office has denied comments on reports saying that Leonid Nevzlin, co-owner of the YUKOS oil major, has been put on the international wanted list and relative documents had been sent to the Interpol Secretariat General to this end.

    "We will not comment on this information," a spokesperson for the information and public relations department of the Prosecutor General's Office told RIA Novosti.

    A law-enforcement source said earlier that Mr Nevzlin had been put on the Interpol wanted list. "On Friday evening, the Prosecutor General's Office provided the relative documents to the Interpol National Central Bureau in Russia," he said.

    On January 16, 2004 the bureau forwarded the documents to the Interpol Secretariat General based in Lyon, according to him.

    However, the secretariat has not responded yet, he added.

    Community standardsDiscussion
    Comment via FacebookComment via Sputnik
    • Сomment

    Top stories