The Russian Information Agency Novosti begins Hotline coverage for Wednesday, January 21, 2004.
* Russian Prime Minister Mikhail Kasyanov will meet with his Kyrgyz counterpart Nikolai Tanayev, currently on a routine visit to Moscow.
Tanayev is also scheduled to meet with heads of Gazprom and RAO UES Russia Alexei Miller and Anatoly Chubais.
* Russian Foreign Minister Igor Ivanov will meet with his Palestinian counterpart Nabil Shaath, currently on a routine visit to Russia.
* The World Bank's mission in Russia will host a press conference on the results of World Bank President James Wolfensohn's visit to Moscow.
* Moscow will host a press conference with Georgian Ambassador to Russia Zurab Abashidze on the topic "The development of Russian-Georgian relations after the presidential elections in Georgia."
* Russia's Free Economic Society and the Economics Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences will hold the first meeting of the permanent roundtable "Russia's Economic Growth" on the topic "The Results of the Year: What Lies Ahead?"
* The Russian Information Agency Novosti will host a press conference with Nikolai Kharitonov, the presidential nominee of the Communist Party of the Russian Federation (KPRF), on the topic "The address to Russian people and voters. The election program."
* The Patriarch's residence in the Svyato-Danilov monastery will see a meeting between Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia Alexis II and Patriarch of Alexandria and All Africa Petros VII.
In the evening the Cathedral of Christ the Savior will host the awarding ceremony of prizes of the international foundation of the unity of Orthodox peoples "For outstanding activities on the consolidation of Orthodox unity." Patriarch of Alexandria and All Africa Petros VII, Greek President Konstandinos Stephanopoulos, Permanent Secretary of the French Academy Helene Carrere d'Encausse and head of the Interros holding Vladimir Potanin are the 2003 laureates. Patriarch Alexis II is expected to participate in the ceremony.
* The annual World Economic Forum (January 21-25) will open in Davos, a resort in Switzerland. "Partnership for Security and Prosperity" is the focus of the forum. About 2,100 delegates from 94 countries will participate in the forum, including Russian Vice Premier, Finance Minister Alexei Kudrin.
* Russian Defense Minister Sergei Ivanov will accomplish the official program of his visit to India. After that, he will fly to Agra (state Uttar Pradesh) to visit a paratroopers' training center. Later in the day Sergei Ivanov will return to Moscow.
RIA Novosti holds a full copyright for all its published materials. Upon any republication of RIA Novosti materials reference to RIA Novosti is mandatory.