The Russian Information Agency Novosti begins Hotline coverage for Monday, January 19, 2004.
* The Constitutional Court of the Russian Federation will hold a meeting to check a number of provisions of the federal law "On Joint-Stock Companies" in connection with the Court's inquiry and numerous complaints by citizens. The disputed provisions of the law make it possible to forcibly seize fractional shares of shareholders thereby depriving them of property without their consent.
* President of the All-Russian Insurers' Union (VSS) Alexander Koval will hold a press conference on the guidelines of the VSS activity and development of insurance in Russia for 2004-2006.
* Presentation of the Teatron experiment and the press conference Arts Markets - Markets of Time, organized jointly with the Culture Pragmatism Scientific Research Fund, will take place at the Vsevolod Meyerhold Centre. Listed among its participants are the artistic directors and actors of Moscow theatres and theatre scientists.
* Russia's Minister of Defence Sergei Ivanov will arrive in India on a working trip (January 19-21).
* President of Uzbekistan Islam Karimov will pay an official visit to Kuwait at the invitation of that state's head Sheikh Jaber al-Ahmad al-Jaber al-Sabah (January 19-20).
*A large international economic exhibition devoted to rehabilitation of Iraq will begin its work (January 19-23). Taking part in it will be more than 1,400 companies and firms from 50 countries. It will be the most representative economic exhibition in the Gulf area over the past decade.
* President of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev will pay an official visit to the United Arab Emirates (January 19-21). Within the visit he will speak at the joint UAE-Kazakhstani economic forum designed to familiarize the local entrepreneurial community with Kazakhstan's investment possibilities.
*Chairman of Verkhovnaya Rada (parliament) of Ukraine Vladimir Litvin will begin a two-day official visit to Israel.
RIA Novosti holds a full copyright for all its published materials. Upon any republication of RIA Novosti materials reference to RIA Novosti is mandatory.