The Russian Information Agency Novosti begins Hotline coverage for Wednesday, January 14, 2004.
RIA Novosti correspondents report:
* The Russian Interior Ministry will host a briefing on the results of the activities of internal affairs bodies on countering illegal drug trafficking.
* The Russian Economic Development and Trade Ministry will host a briefing with First Deputy Economic Development and Trade Minister Mikhail Dmitriyev on the reform of the compulsory medical insurance.
* Russian Deputy Economic Development and Trade Minister Arkady Dvorkovich will hold an Internet interview on the legislation on the insurance of deposits of physical persons in Russian banks.
* Russian Air Force Commander-in-Chief, Colonel General Vladimir Mikhailov will hold a press conference "The results of the year 2003 and prospects for Russia's Air Force development in 2004."
* The Russian Information Agency Novosti will host an interview with Sergei Glazyev, the leader of the Homeland (Rodina) faction in the State Duma on the topic "The key items of the election program of Sergei Glazyev running for presidency. The collection of signatures. The forecast of political and economic developments in the country."
* The International Trade Center will host a meeting of the Mercury Club. President of the Russian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Mercury Club's Chairman of the Board Yevgeny Primakov will report on the main political trends in the world and Russia's development.
* The Georgian Constitutional Court is to reconsider the protest of Tamaz Diasamidze, the founder of Our Adzharia non-governmental organization, against the Adzharian authorities' decision to declare a state of emergency in the autonomy. Adzharia's leader Aslan Abashidze declared the state of emergency after Eduard Shevardnadze's resignation in November 2003.
ULAN BATOR - BEIJING
Russian Foreign Minister Igor Ivanov will accomplish his official visit to Mongolia and will arrive in Beijing on a two-day visit. He will participate in an extraordinary meeting of the Council of Foreign Ministers of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) member-states and the opening ceremony of the SCO secretariat.
RIA Novosti holds a full copyright for all its published materials. Upon any republication of RIA Novosti materials reference to RIA Novosti is mandatory.