04:35 GMT25 February 2021
Listen Live
    Middle East
    Get short URL
    1213
    Subscribe

    MOSCOW, (Sputnik) - Eight civilians have died and 11 others sustained injuries in Saudi-led coalition strikes in northwestern Yemen, Houthi-controlled media reported on Sunday.

    The strikes hit a house in Hajjah Province, the TV channel Almasirah said. The victims are also said to be members of one family.

    Yemen, a small country in the south of the Arabian Peninsula, has been torn by a conflict between the government forces, led by President Abdrabuh Mansour Hadi, and Houthi rebels for years. In March 2015, a Saudi-led coalition joined the conflict at the request of Hadi. Since then, Riyadh and its allies have been carrying out airstrikes against the Houthis.

    The United Nations has called the Yemeni conflict the world’s worst humanitarian crisis, with an estimated 24 million people – over 80 percent of the country’s population – currently in need of aid.

    Related:

    Yemen's Houthis Target Saudi Arabia's Abha Airport with Drone Attack – Reports
    Yemeni Houthis Reportedly Target Saudi Arabian Military Site in Dammam With Long-Range Missiles
    Houthis Claim ‘Dozens’ Killed in Attack on Saudi Arabia’s Military in Najran - Report
    Tags:
    airstrike, Houthi, Saudi Arabia, Yemen
    Community standardsDiscussion