21:28 GMT02 March 2021
Listen Live
    Middle East
    Get short URL
    0 113
    Subscribe

    The Syrian Arab Red Crescent (SARC) has not suspended the evacuation from eastern Aleppo despite earlier reports of militants' shelling, Mona Kurdi, SARC spokesperson told Sputnik Friday.

    DAMASCUS (Sputnik) — Earlier in the day, a Syrian state-run TV channel reported that militants shelled an evacuation corridor from eastern Aleppo in the Ramuse district and violated an agreement with the Syrian government by attempting to take hostages with them. The Syrian army has been sent to the area.

    "Our convoy of 10 ambulances, a car of local services and another emergency services car with 100 employees are still on the ground, they are fully ready to fulfill their mission," Kurdi said.

    The withdrawal of the remaining militants and their families from the eastern parts of Aleppo is organized by the Russian center for Syrian reconciliation, in cooperation with the Syrian authorities.

    According to the order of Russian President Vladimir Putin, the militants are set to be taken out of the city by buses and ambulances through a special corridor to the city of Idlib. Representatives of international organizations have been invited to monitor the process.

    Related:

    All Women and Children Evacuated From Militant-Controlled Districts in Aleppo
    Shooting Heard at Ramuse Checkpoint in Eastern Aleppo
    'Everyone Was Celebrating' When Syrian Army Entered Aleppo
    Aleppo Militants Seek to Take Prisoners With Them in Evacuation, Breaching Deal
    Militants Shell Evacuation Corridor in East Aleppo District - Reports
    Tags:
    evacuation, Red Crescent, Syria, Aleppo
    Community standardsDiscussion