"We have evacuated more than 7,000 civilians in 5 convoys departing from East Aleppo. Our work continues," Cavusoglu said in his official Twitter account.
We have evacuated more than 7000 civilians in 5 convoys departing from East Aleppo. Our work continues.— Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu (@MevlutCavusoglu) 16 декабря 2016 г.
Earlier in the day, the Russian reconciliation center in Syria said over 6,000 people, including some 3,000 militants, had left eastern Aleppo in several convoys in the first 24 hours of the evacuation operation.
Also on Friday, Russian President Vladimir Putin said Turkey was providing assistance in the withdrawal of militants from embattled Aleppo.
On Wednesday, Putin and his Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan discussed bilateral relations, as well as the situation in war-torn Syria during a phone call. The two leaders confirmed their readiness to further cooperation in elimination of the terrorist threat in the Middle East region and stressed the necessity to intensify efforts to improve the humanitarian situation in Aleppo and to contribute to the launch of the political settlement in Syria.