22:37 GMT21 February 2020
Listen Live
    Middle East
    Get short URL
    179
    Subscribe

    According to governor Cuneyit Orhan Toprak, car bomb explosion allegedly carried out by the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) left nine servicemen and eight civilians dead in the Semdinli district of the Hakkari province in southeast Turkey.

    ANKARA (Sputnik) Car bomb explosion allegedly carried out by the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) left nine servicemen and eight civilians dead in the Semdinli district of the Hakkari province in southeast Turkey, governor Cuneyit Orhan Toprak said Sunday.

    "Terrorist attack in Semdinli resulted in death of 17 people, including nine servicemen with 27 others wounded," Toprak told NTV broadcaster.

    Earlier in the day, local media reported that six Turkish soldiers were killed and another seven wounded as result of the explosion.

    Turkish security forces have repeatedly carried out operations against members of the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) outlawed by Ankara in the Hakkari province.

    Related:

    Turkish Security Forces Kill 3 PKK Members Near Border With Iraq
    East Turkey’s Elazig Bomb Blast Kills Three, Wounds 217
    Bomb Blast Kills 3 Soldiers, Wounds 6 in Eastern Turkey's Bitlis - Reports
    Tags:
    soldiers, explosion, car blast, Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK), Turkey
    Community standardsDiscussion
    Comment via SputnikComment via Facebook