GENEVA (Sputnik) – Earlier on Wednesday, UN Operational Satellite Applications Programme (UNOSAT) confirmed that an airstrike had led to destruction of the UN humanitarian convoy near the Syrian city of Aleppo on September 19.
"UNOSAT experts are unrelated to the investigation of the attack on the humanitarian convoy in Syria. We are waiting for the results of the UN official commission," the source said.
The source noted that neither Russian nor Syrian air forces carried out airstrikes near the site of the attack on the convoy.
On September 19, a UN-Syrian Arab Red Crescent convoy carrying humanitarian aid for the Aleppo province was hit by a strike, according to the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC). As a result, 18 of 31 trucks were destroyed and at least 21 individuals were killed.
The Russian Defense Ministry said that a US Predator drone had operated near Urum al-Kubra area north of Aleppo at the time of the attack on the aid convoy.