01:53 GMT22 October 2020
Listen Live
    Middle East
    Get short URL
    Attack on UN Aid Convoy Near Aleppo (37)
    3203
    Subscribe

    Russia will demand a rigorous investigation into the attack on a UN aid convoy near Aleppo.

    MOSCOW (Sputnik) — Moscow will continue demanding a comprehensive investigation into the attack on a humanitarian aid convoy last week near the northern Syrian city of Aleppo, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said Monday.

    "We will demand the most thorough investigation," Lavrov said in an interview with the NTV broadcaster.

    UN Secretary-General’s deputy spokesman Farhan Haq told Sputnik on September 20 that the UN and Syrian Arab Red Crescent (SARC) convoy was struck in Urum al-Kubra northwest of Aleppo while delivering humanitarian aid. At least 18 of the 31 trucks in the convoy were hit as Russia and the United States traded blame on the attack.

    Topic:
    Attack on UN Aid Convoy Near Aleppo (37)

    Related:

    UN Convoy Attack in Aleppo Shifts Attention From Coalition Strike on Syrian Army
    US Still Blames Russia for Aleppo Convoy Attack Despite No Evidence
    By Blaming Russia for Syrian Human Convoy Attack, US 'Hides Its Own Mistakes'
    US 'Predator' Attack Drone Was Spotted Around at the Time of UN Convoy Attack
    Tags:
    aid convoy, The Syrian war, Russian Foreign Ministry, Sergei Lavrov, Syria, Russia, Aleppo
    Community standardsDiscussion