MOSCOW (Sputnik) – According to IOM, the incident happened on August 22. All humanitarian supplies were destroyed and an aid worker was injured, the organization said in a statement.
"The targeting of humanitarian workers and supplies is tragic. Last week, we commemorated World Humanitarian Day and sadly, humanitarian workers continue be targeted in conflicts. Our thoughts are with the injured victim and his family, but this attack only serves to strengthen our resolve to relieve the suffering inside Syria," IOM Turkey Chief of Mission Lado Gvilava said, as quoted by the organization.
Some 7,500 internally displaced persons have been reached with aid in both east and west Aleppo since August 11.
On August 18, the Russian Defense Ministry welcomed UN Special Envoy for Syria Staffan de Mistura's proposal for a 48-hour pause in fighting in Aleppo and expressed readiness to implement the first 48-hour humanitarian pause to supply the city with aid as a "pilot project."