The Al-Nusra Front terrorist group has carried out attacks using multiple rocket launchers and mortars in five districts of Aleppo an in a number of locations in the Damascus and Aleppo provinces, according to the statement.
Al-Nusra Front is an affiliate of al-Qaeda and a rival of Daesh in Syria and Iraq. Al-Nusra Front is regarded as the second most powerful group after Daesh. Julani has been commander of the terrorist group since 2012.
- Al-Nusra Front fighters. (File)© AP Photo / Al-Nusra Front Twitter page
- A man walks near damaged houses after Syrian rebels and the al Qaeda-affiliated Nusra Front took control of al-'Iss town, in Aleppo countryside, Syria April 2, 2016.© REUTERS / Ammar Abdullah
- Burnt headquarters of al-Nusra Fron in Maarat al-Numa© Photo : Youtube / SMART News Agency
- Jobar, a district of Damascus controlled by Jabhat al-Nusra militants (File)© Sputnik / Iliya Pitalev
- Islamic fighters from the al-Qaida group in the Levant, Al-Nusra Front, wave their movement's flag as they parade at the Yarmuk Palestinian refugee camp, south of Damascus, to denounce Israel’s military offensive on the Gaza Strip, on July 28, 2014© AFP 2020 / RAMI AL-SAYED
The Russia-US brokered ceasefire regime in Syria came into force on February 27.
The Russian center for Syrian reconciliation at the Hmeimim airbase registered a total of four violations of the ceasefire regime in Syria in the last 24 hours, the Russian Defense Ministry said.
"The cessation of hostilities in Syria has been respected in most of Syrian provinces. However, a total of four violations of the ceasefire regime have been registered in Damascus province," the ministry said in a daily bulletin posted on its website.
The number of settlements that have joined the ceasefire regime in Syria has increased to 163, the Russian Defense Ministry said.
"Within the last 24 hours, a truce agreement has been reached with representatives of a settlement in the Aleppo province, bringing the total number of settlements that have joined ceasefire to 163," the ministry said in a daily bulletin posted on its website.