21:11 GMT25 September 2020
Listen Live
    Middle East
    Get short URL
    135
    Subscribe

    Egyptian Foreign Ministry gives no comment on the alleged involvement of Ansar Beit al-Maqdis, the Egyptian cell of Daesh, in downing of the Russian A321 passenger plane, Egyptian Foreign Ministry spokesman Ahmed Abu Zeid told Sputnik.

    Russian Airbus A321 passenger airliner crash site in Egypt
    Press-service of Russian Emergency Situations Ministry
    CAIRO (Sputnik) — Earlier in the day, the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) Director John Brennan said that Ansar Beit al-Maqdis was behind the terrorist attack on the Russian passenger jet.

    "The Russian side told us the same thing and we replied that the investigation was still ongoing. We will not comment on the CIA director's statement," Abu Zeid said.

    On October 31, 2015, a bomb claimed to have been planted by Daesh, which is outlawed in Russia, brought down a Russian-operated Airbus A321 flying over Egypt’s Sinai Peninsula with 224 people on board. No one survived the crash that became the largest tragedy in Russian and Soviet civil aviation history.

    Related:

    Memorial for A321 Egypt Crash Victims to Be Installed in Leningrad Region
    Egypt's FM Urges Not to Hurry Up With Conclusions on Russia's A321 Crash
    US Law Firm Launches Legal Proceedings Against Purported A321 Plane Owner
    Tags:
    A321 crash, Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), Ahmed Abu Zeid, Egypt
    Community standardsDiscussion