According to the general, the perpetrators were traced to three Arabian countries, and the entire attack was coordinated by a mastermind residing in Saudi Arabia, Fars News Agency reports.
"We monitored a cyber-attack on May 24 which was conducted from three countries and led by hackers in Saudi Arabia and they launched deceive attacks on the Statistical Center of Iran and of course such an attack is not important technically," Hadianfar said.
General Hadianfar added and that all of the relevant information has already been forwarded to the Saudi authorities via Interpol.
Furthermore, he dismissed claims that the hacker was affiliated with the terrorist group Daesh (ISIS/ISIL), stating that the culprit already had a record and had been positively identified by FATA.
Brigadier General Gholam Reza Jalali, head of Iran's Civil Defense Organization, also said that a group of Saudi hackers carried out attacks against a number of Iranian government websites, but were unable to obtain any sensitive or classified information as a result of that attack.
"These attacks were carried out on the first layer and didn't inflict heavy damage. Saudi Arabia sought to materialize its threats through such attacks but it was mostly a type of show-off," he declared.