MOSCOW (Sputnik) – On October 31, 2015, a Russia-operated Airbus A321 plane crashed en route from the Egyptian resort of Sharm el-Sheikh to St. Petersburg as a result of an explosion on board. All 224 people on board the plane were killed. The Daesh radical group, which is outlawed in Russia and a range of other countries, said it had planted a bomb on board the aircraft.
"After the plane terrorist attack we were open to all additional measures and all suggestions and comments from the Russian authorities. We took all the recommendations into account," Shoukry said in an interview with the Russian Rossiya-24 TV channel.
Flights between Russia and Egypt were suspended following the crash.
According to the Egyptian foreign minister, Egypt has discussed the issue of security with specialists from Russia, the United Kingdom and Germany.
"We introduced them to all the measures that Egypt is taking at all airports to ensure the security of all foreign nationals and tourists," Shoukry told Rossiya-24, stressing, however, that "nobody can provide 100-percent security."
Shoukry is in Moscow on a three-day official visit to hold political consultations to discuss the resumption of Russian flights, regional issues, as well as further development of bilateral relations between the two countries.
"Our government is making the maximum effort to convince our Russian friends and colleagues that we are taking all measures to ensure this security," the Egyptian foreign minister said.
On Wednesday, Shoukry said that the Russian authorities were satisfied with additional security measures introduced at Egyptian airports in the wake of the Russian A321 passenger plane downing over the Sinai Peninsula last year.
On Monday, the minister told Sputnik that the joint Russian-Egyptian investigation into the crash was continuing, stressing that no premature conclusions should be made.