Cavusoglu did not provide details about Turkey’s involvement in the campaign, but said that the deal had been signed by the US and Turkish defense chiefs.
The Turkish Foreign Minister’s remarks come a day after the White House declined to confirm reports about the anti-ISIL agreement between the two countries. The US Department of State also said Washington and Ankara were still in the midst of finalizing technical details of the agreement.
On August 12, the United States launched the first manned aircraft from Turkey’s Incirlik airbase to strike Islamic State targets.
A day later, the State Department said US authorities had asked the Turkish government to refrain from launching independent airstrikes against ISIL until their forces were fully integrated into the US-led coalition.