MOSCOW (Sputnik) — The 10-nation Saudi-led coalition is ready to begin ground combat operations against the Houthi militants in Yemen, the Al Arabiya news channel reported via Twitter on Monday citing a Saudi military spokesman.
"Ground forces are trained and ready, will perform its duty in the right time," the source was quoted as saying.
#BREAKING Saudi military spokesman: Ground forces are trained and ready, will perform its duty in the right time— Al Arabiya English (@AlArabiya_Eng) March 30, 2015
The spokesman also said that the coalition's airstrikes targeted "ballistic missiles" controlled by the Houthis.
Earlier in the day, a source in the Yemeni Health Ministry told Sputnik that at least 37 people have been killed and 150 more injured since the coalition first launched airstrikes against the Houthi positions in the capital city of Sanaa.
The airstrikes were launched last Wednesday upon the request from ousted Yemeni President Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi, who has fled the country amid hostilities.
The United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, Jordan, Morocco, Sudan, Pakistan and Egypt form the coalition, alongside Saudi Arabia, with the United States providing intelligence, targeting and logistical support.