"The investigation was launched immediately, it has already moved forward, some organizers of the assassination have already been detained," Maduro, exhibiting no visible signs of stress, said in his first address to the nation after a failed attempt to assassinate him.
During his televised address to the Venezuelan nation, Maduro claimed that some of those who plotted the assassination live in the US state of Florida. The Venezuelan president expressed his hope that US President Donald Trump would collaborate on bringing those in the US responsible for the assassination attempt to justice.
Particularly, Maduro accused Colombian right-wing forces of being behind a Saturday attack on him using explosives-laden drones, claiming that the assassination was plotted with the blessing of Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos.
"It was an attack to kill me, they tried to assassinate me today," Maduro said in a televised address. "I have no doubt that the name Juan Manuel Santos is behind this attack."
The Venezuelan president asserted that he survived the assassination attempt as a result of the combines energies of his God, the Venezualen people and the country's armed forces.
Earlier in the day, several drones loaded with explosives targeted the stage where Maduro had been giving a speech. A total of seven servicemen were injured in the attack.
Venezuela is mired in a deep political and socioeconomic crisis which many blame on dropping oil prices as well as leadership decisions. In May, Maduro was reelected president with some 68 percent of the vote. A number of countries, including the United States, Argentina, Spain, Germany, and the United Kingdom characterized the vote as unfair and illegitimate.