MADRID (Sputnik) — Spanish media reported earlier in the day that the house of es-Sati in Ripoll had been raided. Es-Sati is reportedly considered by the authorities as one of those killed in the blast of a house in the southern town of Alcanar earlier in the week where another attack with the use of explosives had allegedly been planned by the terrorists.
El Pais newspaper reported that es-Sati, around 40, left his apartment in Ripoll in early June, just when the terrorists purportedly settled in the Alcanar house.
Es-Sati's neighbors said that the suspect was a discreet person unwilling to attract attention. The man failed to integrate with the local Muslim community the members of which maintain close contacts with each other.
Es-Sati’s other neighbors reportedly said that the imam planned to move to Belgium.
A source in the Interior Affairs Council of the Catalan government told Sputnik earlier on Saturday that Spanish law enforcement were working on determining the location of three members of the terror cell behind Thursday's van attacks. Two of the suspects are believed to have died in the blast in Alcanar while the suspected driver of the van in the Barcelona attack had reportedly fled the scene on foot and is still on the run. Media suggested that Spanish police were searching for Moroccan national Younes Abouyaaqoub, 22, considering him to be the perpetrator of the Barcelona van attack.