MADRID (Sputnik) — On Thursday, a van hit pedestrians on tourist-filled Las Ramblas, killing 13 people and reportedly injuring over 130 others. Hours after the incident, another vehicle attack took place in Catalonia's southern town of Cambrils. In the attack, a police officer and six civilians were injured and at least one of them died later.
The posters of the demonstrators said "Islam is peace!", "Not in our name," and other similar slogans. The action was attended by about 50 people.
Earlier on Saturday, Spain's Interior Minister Juan Ignacio Zoido said that the terrorist cell that had perpetrated the terror attacks in Barcelona and Cambrils had been dismantled. Catalan Home Affairs Minister Joaquim Forn Chiariello, however, said that it was early to speak about the full elimination of the cell while there were still two or three individuals on the run.
Moreover, on Friday anti-fascist march flared up in Barcelona, a day after a deadly attack in the center of the city.
On Thursday, a van mowed down pedestrians in the central Las Ramblas area in Spain's city of Barcelona, leaving 14 people dead and over a hundred injured, in what police said was an act of terrorism. Daesh terrorist group (outlawed in Russia) claimed responsibility for the attack.