BERLIN (Sputnik) – Earlier on Friday, Italian Interior Minister Marco Minniti said that Amri was killed in Milan. The incident occurred at about 3 a.m. (02:00 GMT) when Amri opened fire following a police request to show his documents.
"After the current successful investigation the terrorist threat to Germany was not unfortunately removed, it remains high," de Maiziere said.
The suspected perpetrator, a 24-year-old Tunisian Anis Amri, was officially put on the wanted list in Germany and Europe. Germany promised 100,000 euros ($104,000) award for any information about the suspect’s location.