18:12 GMT03 July 2020
Listen Live
    Europe
    Get short URL
    165
    Subscribe

    Moscow is outraged over an attack of radicals on the office of RIA Novosti in Kiev and demands that Ukrainian authorities meet their obligations on media protection, the Russian Foreign Ministry said Monday.

    MOSCOW (Sputnik) – Earlier in the day some 20 people broke into the office in Kiev, demanding suspension of a video linkup with Ukrainian cities.

    "We are outraged over another anti-Russia escapade of the radicals and we demand that the Kiev officials comply strictly with international obligations to protect the legitimate rights and interests of the media, as well as to ensure safety of journalists," the ministry said in a statement.

    The ministry called on Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe's (OSCE) Representative on Freedom of the Media Dunja Mijatovic to assess the incident.

    Related:

    Ukrainian Forces Fire at Russian Journalists in Donbass
    Russian Deputy FM Warns Against Violations of Journalists’ Rights in Ukraine
    Russia Expects OSCE to Improve Journalists' Safety in Ukraine
    Journalists Come Under Fire From Kiev Forces in Eastern Ukraine
    Tags:
    OSCE, Russian Foreign Ministry, RIA Novosti, Dunja Mijatovic, Kiev, Ukraine, Russia
    Community standardsDiscussion