10:25 GMT02 April 2020
Listen Live
    Europe
    Get short URL
    Deadly Truck Attack in Nice (186)
    8610
    Subscribe

    The truck driver, who carried out an attack on the French city of Nice, sent around $110,000 to his family in Tunisia shortly before July 14, when the massacre took place, media reported on Sunday.

    MOSCOW (Sputnik) — The investigation found that the person behind the attack was 31-year-old resident of Nice of Tunisian origins Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel.

    "Mohamed sent the family 240,000 Tunisian Dinars in the last few days. He used to send us small sums of money regularly like most Tunisians working abroad. But then he sent us all that money, it was fortune," Bouhlel's brother Jaber told The Daily Mail.

    He also said that the money were sent illegally, Mohammed Bouhlel gave cash to people returning to Tunisia and asked them to transfer the money to his relatives.

    French police and investigators gather on the beachfront as a French Navy ship patrols the day after a truck ran into a crowd at high speed killing scores celebrating the Bastille Day July 14 national holiday on the Promenade des Anglais in Nice, France
    © REUTERS / Eric Gaillard
    Earlier in the day, Europe 1 broadcaster reported that Bouhlel carefully planned his attack. On July 12-13, he went to the Promenade des Anglais, where the attack was later carried out. The video from CCTV cameras showed him exploring the area.

    On Thursday night, a truck rammed into a large crowd that was celebrating Bastille Day in Nice. At least 84 people, including children, were killed and dozens of others were injured.

    On Saturday, media reported that Daesh, which is outlawed in many countries, including Russia, claimed responsibility for the attack.

    Topic:
    Deadly Truck Attack in Nice (186)

    Related:

    French Police Mistakenly Storm Elderly Couple's Apartment After Nice Attack
    Total of 36 Nice Attack Victims Remain Unidentified
    Nice Terror Attack Likely to Spark Frexit as National Front’s Le Pen Surges
    Over 300 People Injured in Terror Attack in Nice - French Health Ministry
    Swiss Authorities Launch Investigation Into Terrorist Attack in Nice
    Trump Calls Islamic Terrorism Main US Enemy Amid Nice Attack
    Marine Le Pen Urges Interior Minister to Resign After Nice Attack
    Regional Head Warned Hollande That Police Understaffed Before Nice Attack
    Nice Attack Targeted Core European Values, Requires United Response
    Tags:
    Nice truck attack, Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel, Nice, France
    Community standardsDiscussion
    Comment via SputnikComment via Facebook