22:35 GMT26 October 2020
Listen Live
    Europe
    Get short URL
    Deadly Truck Attack in Nice (186)
    0 32
    Subscribe

    The Tunisian prosecutor general ordered a criminal investigation into the suspect of the Nice terrorist attack, a local law enforcement source told Sputnik on Friday.

    MSAKEN (Sputnik) – The French prosecutor confirmed through fingerprints earlier in the day the identity of Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel, whose documents were found inside the truck used to kill 84 people and injure scores more during Bastille Day celebrations late Thursday.

    Bouhlel was not found to have links with extremists in Tunisia or any suspicious activity when he last visited the country, the source in Sousse, a city 5 miles north of Bouhlel’s birthplace, said.

    Bouhlel was of Tunisian origin, divorced with children, his ex-wife is in police custody.

    Earlier in the day, police raided the house of the driver. The potential radicalization of the man had gone unnoticed by police.

    The white truck that was used to carry out the deadly Nice attack was rented a few days before the Thursday night attack, according to earlier reports.

    Topic:
    Deadly Truck Attack in Nice (186)

    Related:

    French Police Still Unable to Confirm Death of Russian Citizen in Nice
    Nice Attack Suspect Had No Criminal Record in Tunisia - Source
    Paris Prosecutor Confirmed Nice Attacker's as Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel
    Tags:
    investigation, Nice Truck Attack, Mohamed Bouhlel, Tunisia, Nice, France
    Community standardsDiscussion