15:35 GMT08 April 2020
Listen Live
    Europe
    Get short URL
    Deadly Truck Attack in Nice (186)
    0 22
    Subscribe

    Tunisian police have found no record of previous criminal offenses committed by Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel, who has been named as a potential perpetrator of the terror attack in the French city of Nice, a source in security services of Tunisian city of Sousse told Sputnik on Friday.

    MOSCOW (Sputnik) — Earlier in the day, a source in the Tunisian Interior Ministry confirmed media reports to Sputnik that the Nice attack was carried out by 31-year-old Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel of Tunisian origin.

    "In our files we have no cases tied with him… We have called in and questioned them. We have recognized that there were no problems in his family. They have confirmed that he has not visited Tunisia for several years. Contacts with him were rare," the source said.

    French police found Bouhlel's identity card in the cargo compartment of the truck which rammed into a crowd celebrating the Bastille Day in Nice, killing 84 and injuring dozens.

    Earlier in the day, police raided the house of the driver. The potential radicalization of the man had gone unnoticed by police.

    The white truck that was used to carry out the deadly Nice attack was rented a few days before the Thursday night attack, according to earlier reports.

    Topic:
    Deadly Truck Attack in Nice (186)

    Related:

    Tunisian Interior Ministry Confirms Identity of Suspected Nice Attacker
    Tunisia Investigates Mohamed Bouhlel's Involvement in Nice Attack - Consul
    Terrorist in Nice Truck Attack Was City Resident of Tunisian Origin
    Tags:
    Nice Truck Attack, Nice, France, Tunisia
    Community standardsDiscussion
    Comment via SputnikComment via Facebook