13:18 GMT11 April 2021
Listen Live
    Europe
    Get short URL
    426
    Subscribe

    As results of the Brexit referendum trickle in, Gibraltar is reporting 96% in favor of remaining within the EU, with only 4% in favor of leaving.

    Turnout in the overseas territory was high, reaching 84%.

    Britons went to the polls on Thursday to decide on a referendum that will decide whether or not the United Kingdom remains in the European Union.

    Related:

    Breathtaking Brexit Ballot: Record Turnout as Count Begins
    Britons' Concerns Over EU Rise to Record Level Since 1999 Amid Brexit Vote
    US Fed Considering Basic Plan for Post-Brexit Vote Market Volatility
    Tags:
    Brexit, Gibraltar, United Kingdom
    Community standardsDiscussion