09:13 GMT +319 February 2018
Listen Live
    Belgian police stage a raid, in search of suspected muslim fundamentalists linked to the deadly attacks in Paris, in the Brussels suburb of Molenbeek, November 16. 2015

    Belgian Inquiry Into Paris Attacks ‘Progressing’

    © REUTERS/ Yves Herman
    Europe
    Get short URL
    0 24

    Belgian Justice Minister Koen Geens said that the probe of the Paris terror attacks was "progressing all the time."

    BRUSSELS (Sputnik) — The Belgian investigation into the Paris terror attacks and their link to Belgium is moving forward, Justice Minister Koen Geens said Sunday.

    Speaking with the RTL-TVI channel, Geens assured the nation that the probe was "progressing all the time."

    Belgium raised terror threat alert to the highest level in the capital city of Brussels on Saturday over fears of a terrorist attack like the one that hit Paris last week. Several of Paris attackers lived in Brussels. One of them, Salah Abdeslam, is still at large.

    The Brussels metro was closed early Saturday as security forces searched it. Geens said it could be reopened on Monday. In the rest of Belgium terror threat level was left at the second-highest notch of 3.

    Related:

    Belgian Authorities Name Third Suspect in Paris Attacks
    Belgian Police Looking for at Least Two Suspects With Explosives - Reports
    Belgian Police Seek Paris Raid Female Suicide Bomber's Relative
    Belgian Police Detain Nine Suspected Terrorists in Brussels
    Tags:
    investigation, terrorist attack, Koen Geens, France, Belgium
    Community standardsDiscussion
    Comment via FacebookComment via Sputnik
    • Сomment